About Me And My Unborn Baby
I am 3 months pregnant. Can you tell me how to improve my health and the health of the baby?
Hi there. I do hope your pregnancy is going well and that you haven't been suffering from morning sickness too badly.
It's good that you are concerned about keeping yourself and your baby healthy.
The best ways to do this are:
1. Keep up with your antenatal check ups - your midwife will take your blood pressure and urine samples regularly to check everything is as it should be. You should also have at least one blood test to make sure your iron levels are ok and to establish your blood group. You can also talk to your midwife about any concerns you may have.
2. Eat healthily - make sure you include fresh fruit and vegetables in your diet and not too much fat. Avoid any foods that are dangerous for pregnant women and unborn babies.
3. Eat foods rich in iron - such as green vegetables, apricots and red meat, along with orange juice as the vitamin c will help your body to absorb the iron.
4. Try to exercise a little each week - nothing too drastic, try swimming, going for a walk or low impact exercises at the gym.
5. Avoid doing anything too strenuous or lifting heavy loads - this can put too much strain on your body which is working hard to make your baby and keep it protected inside you.
6. Do not drink alcohol or smoke - this can harm your baby. It would be wise to avoid being around others who smoke as well.
7. As your baby grows inside you, you can contribute to his/her wellbeing by talking and singing to your baby. Your baby will love to hear your voice.
8. Try to avoid getting stressed - If you can remain as calm as possible througout your pregnancy, this will definitely help your baby to feel secure and happy.
9. Avoid going in hot tubs, saunas and steam rooms - prolonged periods in these can prove harmful to your unborn child.
Keeping your baby and yourself healthy during pregnancy is often a case of using your common sense, and combined with doing your research you can have the peace of mind that you've done all you can to give your little one the best possible start in life.
I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy.
Thank you for you questions.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your chance to ask a question.....